Thursday, August 2, 2012

Moving in to my new classroom

My school was recently renovated and this summer we're moving in to our brand new building. I was able to pop into my room and take a few "before" pictures. In the 17 years I've worked in this city, this will be the prettiest classroom I've ever taught in.

I'm especially excited about the brand spanking new smart board in the front of the room. My only concern is I don't know how to use it and with one month left until school starts, there has been no mention of a training. History has shown technology inservices in this district are often sporadic and overdue.  So cross your fingers for me friends. I would love to be able to plug in this puppy and get right to work on the first day!





(I didn't really attach floral stickers to all my boxes, that's just a little photo editing to cover my name and school number).





 
I decided a bee theme would be the perfect match for the yellow and grey colors so I purchased Schoolgirl Style's Happy Honeybee collection


 
Stay tuned, because I'll post my classroom "after" pictures in September. 


....And the winner is:

Thanks to everyone who entered my Donors Choose giveaway.  I've randomly picked the winner and the project receiving a donation from me today is...

Mr. Quall's project, "Distinguished Gentleman Blaze Through Reading With Style"  This is one of the coolest Donors Choose projects I've read in a while, so I highly encourage you to check it out and see if you can throw a dollar or two (or twenty) his way.  

Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you and I'm thrilled that you have a pretty classroom. It will be so fun to decorate. I think the Happy Honeybee Collection will be just perfect! I can't wait to see pictures one you have it all decorated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would LOVE for my school to be renovated too! LOL! It's super old :(

    Your room looks amazing! I can't wait to see the "after" pics!

    Mrs. M

    ReplyDelete